I’ve been spending the past few months working for Spica Publishing on a new supplement for the Mongoose Traveller RPG called System Book 1: Katringa, and I am pleased to say that it is now available for purchase!
There’s actually some science in it too, since I used my realistic planetary system generator (which is based on the latest research) to make the system, and I made the physical details of the young A8 IV primary star, its planets, their orbits and Katringa itself as realistic as possible (I even figured out the orbital evolution of the moons of the gas giants in the system!). So if you’re looking for an interesting new planetary system for your SF games then please do check it out!
Welcome to Katringa!
Spica Publishing is pleased to announce that its latest product – System Book 1: Katringa – is now available from RPGnow and DrivethruRPG. This 30-page PDF is written by Richard Hazlewood with physical data by Constantine Thomas, and is available for $6.99.
|System Book 1: Katringa is the first in a series of books from Spica Publishing that describes a complete planetary system and its society, and is designed for use with Mongoose Traveller or any science-fiction RPG. Katringa is a former corporate mining colony that is gradually being allowed more independence over time, although corruption still pervades the government. Conditions are harsh in the asteroid belt close to the system’s energetic primary star, but the riches are worth the risk.
||System Book 1: Katringa includes:
– A realistic planetary system, based on current astrophysical knowledge.
– Details of the worlds in the system, including the mineral-rich Idowa Belt, the gas giants Accra and Yendi and their moons, and Olufemi and the Outer Asteroids.
– A planetary map of Katringa showing major landmarks and settlements.
– A full physical description of Katringa, including a detailed breakdown of its geographical features and timekeeping system.
– Katringa’s unique African-influenced society, history and government.
– Important NPCs that may be encountered on Katringa, from all walks of life.
– Adventure seeds to occupy Player Characters while in the Katringa system.
– Detailed asteroid mining rules.
Download it today!
“Traveller” and the Traveller logo are Trademarks owned by Far Future Enterprises, Inc. and are used with permission. The Traveller Main Rulebook is available from Mongoose Publishing.