Monthly Archive for August, 2010

RPG and Science pages now online!

The new Science and Roleplaying Pages are now fully online on the new WordPress site, and everything seems to be working fine.

I’ve updated, consolidated, and removed some of the material from my old RPG Hub:

  • The Continuum has now been updated (I added the Dyson Virtual, and The Vanguard supplement) and spelling errors and typos have been corrected. The Continuum is also now only available as a single (1 MB, 85,500 word, 160 page!) PDF file.
  • The Caine Files have been merged into a single HTML file.
  • There is now a single Old World of Darkness (oWoD) page. It’s not too fancy since that edition is no longer supported by WW. I’ve also removed some of the files that were here before – I just wanted to keep the material that I like.
  • The Blood Bowl files haven’t been updated, but I’m linking them here because they’re rather entertaining (if I do say so myself) and you should read them :).
  • I added a SLA Industries page containing some Player/GM Aids I made a while back. If you’re a SLA player you’ll probably find these useful!
  • The Stellar Characteristics and Evolution document on the Worldbuilding page has been updated and turned into a PDF. I’ve added a section on Hertzsprung-Russell diagrams to help explain things a bit better.

    The Science page is essentially the same as the old Work Hub, and contains a downloadable PDF version of my Ph.D. thesis, as well as the science posters and abstracts that I wrote during my scientific career.

    I haven’t done anything with the 3D Artwork pages, but I’m hoping they should be up and running in the next few days. Stay tuned for further updates!

    If you see anything amiss (or have any comments), please leave a comment below or send me an email!

  • Getting there.

    Ok… I’ve got the plugins sorted, I’ve re-uploaded the Science page – though I still need to tidy up the links – and I’ve got the other pages ready for text (they’re blank for now). I don’t think I’ll recreate all the internal HTML pages I link to (such as the files on the oWoD hub), I’m just going to link them directly from new wordpress pages – that should be much easier. Then I’ll put redirects from the old hubs, so I should be able to track them with the stats plugin.

    Hopefully most (if not all) of the site will be back up and running by the end of this week.

    Website Under (re-)Construction

    WordPress has been set up! This site will be undergoing some big changes in the coming days as I set up themes, sidebars, and get all the stuff from the old site back online again.